Writing a book can be beneficial for an entrepreneur, blogger, writer, or traveler to showcase their potential as a storyteller. And how about eBook, it is the fastest medium to spread your book to the targeted audience.
The eBook may prove your authority over others or to showcase that you have something interesting to share with the rest of the world. The eBook readers have been increasing since the massive surge in the mobile devices being used across the world.
To put your book in the hands of the audience you need a medium to publish it. The strongest medium today for publishing eBook is Kindle. Kindle is a unique way of using the eBooks and it is owned by Amazon.
Here we are going to take a look at how to publish your eBook on Amazon. There are certain steps t be followed to publish your eBook on Kindle. So bear with us and simply follow the steps.
Design and format
Now the first thing comes to mind is whether the design or format of the book is according to the users need. The first thing you need to do is to format the eBook for the use of Kindle.
The Cover image is also very important for you as you’ll only have a cover image to showcase when a user browses for books on Amazon library. Your sole selling point will be your cover images so don’t cut back on it.
Publishing on Kindle
People often wonder how to make your book available for sale on Amazon? All it takes is to follow certain steps. To publish your eBook on Kindle you need to follow these steps one by one.
- First, open kdp.amazon.com and sign in with your account.
- You’ll need to register your tax info to receive royalties.
- Now click Bookshelf and select the Add new title.
- Fill the form that appears before you (This includes Book Title, Description, and Keywords for searching your book)
- Next step is to upload the cover image.
- Now the important task to upload the book file.
- You can test your book with Amazon online viewer to make sure it is all right.
- Tap on, save and continue and then click on Rights and pricing page.
- Here you can select the rights to your book. Most people Choose Worldwide rights.
- Now you need to choose royalty rate, most people select the royalty rate at 70%. Amazon will automatically adjust the pricing on different region based on the US pricing. Most books on Amazon are available for $2.99 – $9.99, this is a feasible amount to maximize the royalties.
- Now tap Save and Publish.
- You’ll receive an email saying your book is received and will take around 24-48 hours before making it live.
This is an important step for you if you are not a well-established author. You can tell your friends and family and in turn, they’ll tell their friends and family. To promote it well enough you need to post it on the social media and tell them about it.
Your audience on social media would surely love to read your book.
Well, the above listed steps are the simplest to follow on how to publish your eBook on Kindle.