Imagine you are looking for something in particular like a restaurant, where will you go.
Most likely you’ll search Google for it, and a Google Business listing with high ratings and interesting photos of the restaurant will entice you.
Now, think that you own that restaurant and you got a customer through Google Business listing. There are more than a billion search for restaurants, hotels, or a specific product or service on Google every month.
As a business owner, you wouldn’t want to miss out on those customers who are searching for a product or service in your vicinity. Google My Business helps you connect your profile on the SERPs, so customers can easily find your business by just searching for the niche.
How Google My Business is helpful
It is a free tool that allows small business owners to promote their business on the Google search page and Google Maps. These are the two places where you get local search traffic.
This way you can post relevant information about your business and see how the customers are interacting with your business.
There are many important Google My Business features that help businesses engage and attract new customers. You can verify your business profile and connect with your potential customers with phone calls.
Now, let’s take a look at how you can create your Google Business profile.
Creating a Google Business profile
- Create a Google account which you want to be associated with your business profile and login with that account.
- Now, open google.com/business and you’ll see a ‘Start Now’ button in the top right corner.
- You’ll see a form for the details of your business.
- Fill out the form with all the details like business name, location, state, and delivery area.
- After filling out all the details carefully, choose the category for your business. It is very important to choose the correct business category because on that basis you’ll get customers.
- Add your business phone number and your website (if you have one).
- Now, you have to choose a verification method, click on verify or you can verify later.
These steps will set up your profile very nicely, all that is left to do is verify your account. A verified account gives you more access to customers as they think of your business as a legitimate and genuine in comparison to unverified.
Verifying your business on Google
There are many ways for you to verify your Google My Business profile and here is a list of them.
By Postcard – You can verify your business by choosing to send a postcard to your mailing address.
Phone verification – You can easily verify with your phone, you’ll receive a verification code of your device. You just need to put it in the appropriate field.
Email verification – Similarly to Phone verification you can get a verification code on your email.
Instant verification – If you have previously verified your google account for other purposes then you just need to click on verify button to instantly verify your account.